Writer FAQ - Document Management
This page has FAQs about document management, file formats, and similar topics. This list is ordered by popularity. The most popular FAQs are at the top. But also have a look at the bottom to find any new entries.
More information can be found in the Writer Guide, available from the OOo Documentation Project.
- How can I open Microsoft Works wordprocessor files (.wps)?
- Can I edit PDF files?
- How to open Microsoft Office 2007 documents?
- What file formats does OpenOffice.org Writer support?
- Does OpenOffice.org support WordPerfect file formats?
- How do I convert multiple OpenOffice.org documents to PDF?
- Why does OpenOffice not open MSWorks files (.wks)?
- How can I search many .odt (or .sxw) files for one word?
- Can I publish my Writer text as a Blog?
- How can I do a batch conversion of my MSOffice files into OpenOffice.org file formats?
- Can multiple users edit a file concurrently?
- Files created in other applications do not always display in OOo exactly as they did when they were created. What can be done about it?
- Why does OpenOffice not support the file format my application uses?
- A file has an unfamiliar file extension. How do I figure out what kind of file this is?
- I found a problem with importing a document, what do I do?
- Can I publish my Writer text on a MediaWiki server?
Add a new FAQ entry