How do I avoid URLs to appear underlined?
URLs (Uniform Reference Locators) appear underlined and in a different color from the rest of my text. How do I reverse this setting?
To reverse this setting:
- Select Tools-AutoCorrect/AutoFormat-[Options]
- Scroll down in the list that appears to the choice called 'URL recognition'.
- Click the box to the left of this choice to turn the behavior off.
- Click 'OK' at the bottom of the dialog to apply the change.
URL recognition also recognizes anything with the '@' symbol as an email address. Turning this option off will cause email addresses to remain unrecognized.
To selectively determine which addresses should be treated as links, leave URL recognition on, but turn off recognition by one of the following two methods:
- Drag select the entire address
- Hold down the context (right mouse) button
- Select 'Default'
An address which has converted to a link may be converted back to normal text by entering Ctrl-Z before the text cursor is moved.