Calc FAQ - Formatting Spreadsheets
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
This page has FAQs about formatting spreadsheets in OpenOffice.org Calc.
- Can I center my text so that the text will flow both to the left and right if the cells are empty?
- How are notes within cells displayed?
- How are thick lines or borders created around my cells?
- How can I create a drop-down list that references a list of values to select from?
- How can I create my own sort lists?
- How can I use a dot (.) as decimal sign instead of a comma?
- How can I use conditional formatting?
- How can links to other workbooks, including vlookups, update dynamically?
- How do I add additional strings or characters to cell contents?
- How do I disable the capitalized letter at the beginning of cells in Calc?
- How do I format cells in Calc so that the rows number automatically?
- How do I insert a page number in the form of 'Page 1 of N' on each page of a spreadsheet?
- How do I insert superscript or subscript text in my spreadsheet?
- How do I make a wide title cell extend across several columns in my spreadsheet?
- How do I rotate a column title so that it fits above my very narrow column?
- How do I use styles and formatting?
- How do I wrap text within a cell in my spreadsheet?
- I have a custom number format that I use, but Calc forgets it.
- Is there a way to add times that total greater than 24 hrs?
- Some of the rows or columns in my spreadsheet are hidden. How do I see all rows or columns?
- Why are my notes not showing for cells?