Difference between revisions of "Documentation/Dashboard/Help Content Cleanup"
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
Latest revision as of 10:08, 30 June 2018
The Help Content Cleanup Project
This project looks into cleaning up the content of the help as available in the helpcontent2 source code module.
Currently, the help content includes numerous formatting flaws, such as
- inconsistent usage of span elements
- inconsistent usage of image size attributes
- multiple insignificant spaces introduced by formatting XML editors
- empty inline tags
All these flaws present a particular challenge to the localization process, especially since some of the aformentioned errors seem to get into the code in an uncontrolled fashion.
Cleaning up the help source must therefore be followed by the introduction of a process that ensures that such flaws do not make it into the content any more. A normalization process should make sure that, before changes to help source files are committed to the repository, the format of the source follows certain rules that are to be defined, cleaning up the source before a commit.
- Modify the export filter so that XML elements are *not* indented
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="no" omit-xml-declaration="no" />
- Modify the export filter so that the image size attribute is no longer exported
- Use the l10n attribute of paragraphs to mark up l10n irrelevant changes (like fixing typos)
- A nice overview over the Help Standardisation issues from David King is available.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Public Documentation License (PDL).|