Community Council/Agenda

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Upcoming Meeting

Date: 2010-04-01

Time: 18.30 UTC (click on the link to show world clock times)

Location: IRC

Agenda and Work Status

The following table represents the agenda of the upcoming meeting and the current work status of topics / action items. Working with this table is described in the Community Council Meeting Guidelines.

Last Update
List of Action Items of previous meeting for approval
Community situation
  • What do we see, where are we, what are we going to do about it.
CC Elections (Martin, Pavel, John)
Louis, Christoph
  • Introduction phase has been finished. Each of the nominees provided information in time. There are still some discussions going on. Overall status can be tracked at Elections/2010-03.
  • Request for decisions: The current "election process" bylaw requires a decision how to vote (mail, dedicated tooling)?
    • Request 1: Do we want to use LimeSurvey like in the last year's voting? --> Decision 1: Agreed.
    • Request 2: Do we want to generally change the voting process to use dedicated tooling (currently: LimeSurvey)? --> Decision 2: Agreed.
    • Decision 2 will have impact on the current CC bylaw: "4. [...] Voting may be done via mail (on public list or private mail) or using a dedicated tooling. The Council needs to decide about the way of voting before the election process starts."
  • Request for decision: Proposal by Stefan/Louis/Christoph to change schedule a bit (due to the easter).
    • 2010-04-01 start of voting period by direct invitations to constituency
    • 2010-04-08 reminders to be sent to constituency
    • 2010-04-15 close of voting
    • One week for review by observers
    • Request: Do all agree to the schedule?--> Decision: Agreed.
  • Next steps:
    • Voting will be started according to the proposed schedule. Christoph will announce it on the mailing lists. Stefan will set up LimeSurvey for voting by the constituencies.
    • A request (with regard to the election process) that was sent to Louis has been mentioned. He is asked to inform the CC if required.
    • Christoph will update the Election Process bylaw once the current election is over. The change will describe the exclusive use of dedicated tooling for the voting, e.g. LimeSurvey. The version of the bylaw will be changed from 1.0 to 1.1.
Refresh Incubator and NLC Project processes
  • No new proposal available. Louis will work on that.
  • Next steps: Will be discussed in next meeting.
Publicize the open slot at the start of the CC meetings
  • According to Martin, the current proposal has to be reworked. It is being worked on.
  • It has been clarified to provide this "open slot" on a regular basis (e.g. monthly, or each CC meeting).
  • Proposal: Martin will provide a new proposal in the next few days.
Work with Clayton on estimates for Developing developers documentation
  • New proposal has been sent to the list by Jürgen (here). The basic idea is to provide bounties instead of contracting one writer.
  • For any proposal, the development budget may require an upgrade. Matthias, Stefan and Martin will provide a proposal (Cor will join, see 2010-03-04#5).
  • Juergen talked with Clayton and they will come up with some drafts for the first bounties and in relation to the drafts with a set of basic rules/guideline that are necessary to run such a bounty program (see mail on council-discuss).
  • Next steps:
    • Juergen will summarize some information on a wiki page.
    • Budget discussion will be continued in next CC meeting. It is assumed that there will be more information on how much will be provided for each work package.
2010-03-04#5 Internship (was: Talk to Google about 2010 SoC)
Cor, John
  • We have been informed that Google refuses projects from It had been decided before to go for the own " Internship" in that situation.
  • A draft for the internship program is worked out (here). All CC members are asked to comment this proposal on the CC mailing list before Tuesday March 23.
  • Budget may be possible issue, since required for here and for documentation (AI 2010-03-04#4). Cor will join the discussion to work on a proposal.
  • Next steps:
    • Cor joins the the budget discussion.
    • Prepare approval and launch asap.
Talk to Education Project Leads about structure and remit
John, Cor
  • Cor to prepare a draft and present it to the Community Council. Nothing done yet.
  • Next steps: Will be discussed in next meeting.
Talk to NLC about ‘NLC of the Month’ for OOo Newsletter
  • Inteview with the Irish team has been done. No further information available by his deputy (Leif).
  • Next steps: Charles has scheduled the next project to be interviewed (the Sinhala project). He would also like to discuss how to extend the media impact of these interviews.

Minutes of Previous Meetings

To be found here.

Personal tools