The origins and purpose of the OpenOffice.org Community Council are explained on the main Community Council site, where you will also find a list of the current members.
These wiki pages are used to record the day to day running of the Council - agendas and minutes of meetings, budgets, etc.
- To raise an issue at the next Community Council Meeting, add it to the Agenda of the next meeting. You must be an OpenOffice.org community member. The term, "Community Member," is described in our Guidelines.
- Minutes of past meetings are here
- A Calendar of future meetings is here
- Channel: #OOoCouncil (freenode)
Starting from May 28 2009, the council works with a internal coordinator.
- appoint a council coordinator every 4 to 5 months
- he/she is chosen from the council members
- no formal change of rules intended.
Responsibility during that time:
- looking after planning, progress of AI's
- so basically: poking the colleagues ;-)
- will improve overall cc-performance
- will help to share the feeling of really being part of, of joined responsibility
- Cor Nouws is the first to take this role
- Stefan Taxhet will be the next
- and in 4 months, the third person for this fine job will be choosen
Information about the Community Council budget and payments procedure is here.
Improving the project
Watch and help the page for improvements in the project.
The results of the November 2009 election are:
- Code Contributor Representative: Juergen Schmidt
51 Yes, 9 No (68)
- NLC Representative: Charles-H. Schulz
39 Yes, 3 No (111)
- Product Development Representative: Christoph Noack
31 Votes Christoph Noack 9 Votes Alexandro Colorado (49)
The observers, Sophie Gautier, Drew Jensen, and Mechtilde Stehmann, have all approved and confirmed the results. Our welcome and congratulations to the new Council members!