From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
New features planned for OpenOffice.org
- 1 Intro
- 2 Upcoming OpenOffice.org versions
- 3 Roadmaps elsewhere
- 4 Project-Specific Wiki-Pages
This page is a roadmap for the features planned in future OpenOffice.org releases. For older releases, see the archives.
Caution: The items listed here are under continuous development and the dates are therefore subject to change!
OpenOffice.org product planning
- How Planning works in OpenOffice.org
Upcoming OpenOffice.org versions
Features planned for OOo 3.2 (January 2010)
release motto "Performance"
- Performance improvements
- Accessibility improvements
- Implementation of ODF 1.2 Metadata
- Support for Opentype/CFF fonts
- Begin of support for Graphite Smart fonts
- XHTML export filter update
- Support for Quicklook on OS X
- Stemming and morphological capabilities for Thesaurus
- Better OOXML import / begin of .docx export
- Bubble chart implementation for charting module
- Improvements in Autofilter, DataPilot, Conditional formatting, ODFFormula
- Allow to insert/delete into/from the middle of merged cells
- Search and replace capabilities to SQL-Editor
Features planned for OOo 3.3 (June 2010)
release motto "Fit and Trim"
- First Achievements of the Renaissance project
- SVG Import, CWS svg201
- Printing restructuring works
- Common ODF document icons
- Thesaurus in right-click context menu
- Compare documents also compares tables
- FindBar: Additional toolbar which provides basic search functions.
- Improve performance associated with row limit increase.
- Allow setting custom colors to sheet tabs in Calc.
- 3D Slideshow transitions for Linux and MacOS X, OpenGL transitions in Impress (Mac OS X)
- Highlighting in presentation mode
- Upgrade of hsqldb from version 1.8 to 2.0
- Baseline alignment of formulas in starmath module
- switch to a distributed SCM
- modularization of the build system
Features planned for OOo 3.4 (November 2010)
- removal of old StarOffice binary filters (*.sdw, *.sdc, *.sdd)
- Animations in SWF export
Features planned for OOo 3.x
- XForms Enhancements
- XHTML import filter (?)
- Possibility to rotate images in Writer
See also the Calc Usability Activities page on this wiki.